A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
- This engineer will act as Process Engineer on the new investing capital project in China on process function. The candidate will be responsible for process engineering function from detail design, construction till commissioning, start-up and future plant routine operation.
- Work closely with external local design institute and EPCm Company, supervise the engineering work of process and process related engineers from external design company involved on process discipline function and ensuring that resources are used productively.
- Fully understand the process technology and ensure the new process be implemented into the project. Ensure all process information flow within the project is well organized and controlled, internally and externally.
- Owner of key process engineering deliverables. Such as PFD, P&ID, Equipment list, process datasheet, line list, process description, special item list, safety valve list, etc.
- Liaise with other engineering disciplines to agree the communication of technical details. Take the initiative in resolving interface problems. Identify areas where work processes could be developed or improved, and assist in implementing changes.
- Make proposals for the preparation or modification of standards, specifications, work practices, SOP, training materials etc. to reduce project costs and improve execution.
- Work as process engineer for daily production support including PQ protocol preparation, cleaning protocol preparation, modify recipe and master batch record, key equipment operation SOP preparation etc.
Who you are:
- Fluent in English both of verbal and written and has worked for international chemical or engineering company no less than 5 years. Must have hands on process design experience from large chemical/pharmaceutical local design institute of minimum 5 years.
- Must have worked in multi-cultural environment international standard chemical capital project before.
- Should have knowledge of the chemical reaction, crystallization technology including the up and down stream process (from reaction till filling & packaging). Should also have experience in the new process technologies introduction to China.
- Should have an understanding of all aspects of process design in the fine chemical batch process, and relevant process design methods for equipment and automation. This includes static vessels, heat exchangers, rotating equipment, and their utility requirements. Should have good knowledge of control valve sizing and developing relief case scenarios and relief vale sizing.
- Must be open minded, innovative, self-motivating, have good interpersonal and communication skills, and be able to work with a minimum amount of supervision, whilst ensuring high quality of work.
Functional area: Engineering & Skilled Trade
What we offer: We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!