A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Based at our site in Stirling, you will be involved in the transfer, validation and testing of various cell based potency assays, viral titrations and Immunoassays.
You will be responsible for the performance of routine and custom GMP studies required to characterise biological products, laboratory housekeeping and stock control to ensure the smooth running of the laboratory. The Associate Scientist III/Senior Associate Scientist will be responsible for mentoring and training laboratory personnel, leading key projects within the departmentet and driving forward quality improvement initiatives.
Who you are
- 2-3 years experience in a GLP/GMP regulated environement
- You have an HND or higher qualification in Immunology or associated biological discipline.
- You have a strong focus on quality and safety.
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated with initiative and drive
- Good standard of written and spoken English, computer literate and prior knowledge of working with LIMS.
- Previous experience of cell culture and cell based potency and Immunoassays is essential.
- Knowledge of, and practical experience of, common data capture and analysis software, used for analysis of cell based assays (eg SoftMax Pro, PLA).
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at