A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role Oversees production department activities to ensure product quality and compliance to cGMP and established standard operating procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage Production Technicians to manufacture products according to cGMP's and all established procedures and specifications.
- Provide guidance, feedback and training to subordinate staff.
- Achieve company production goals and safety standards. Identify and implement improvements in quality and productivity.
- Maintain and establish production department Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Audit staff and systems to ensure all SOPs are being followed, current and accurate as written.
- Develop systems to measure and control production cost, quality and efficiency. Controls and approves the overtime of all subordinates.
- Perform employee performance reviews. Establish standards for performance measurement of subordinate staff.
- In conjunction with the Production Planner, confirm production schedules and deploy resources to meet the agreed upon schedule.
- Assist in the implementation and validation of new products and production systems. Interact with all other departments as required.
- Participate in the establishment of purchasing specifications for production supplies and equipment.
- Control and maintain department supply inventory levels to ensure sufficient quantities to meet of Production.
- Identify areas for optimization of equipment and supplies and assist with problem resolution.
- Interact with customers during audits and assist in the investigation of production related incidents and audit deficiencies. Recommend and implement appropriate corrective and preventive action.
- Provide Management reports and perform other duties as required.
- Need to have science or engineering degree
- 3-5 years of experience in supervisory experience
- cGMP experience
Who You Are:
Education - Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or Sciences or five to seven years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes such as filtration, aseptic technique, sterile filling, and/or product packaging.
- Proven leadership and communication skills.
- Knowledge of safety and ergonomic issues in a manufacturing environment.
- Supervisory & Management skills: Proven leadership and communication skills with a good track record coaching and developing direct reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences with five to seven years of experience supervising in a cGMP or pharmaceutical environment or equivalent amount of education or experience.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.