A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Primary responsibility will be the Lenexa Dry Powder production facility. It is a 24/7 media manufacturing plant which requires round the clock support. Assist operations implementation of process improvements and during equipment startup and commissioning activities. This position has one or more direct reports.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The incumbent will monitor and support the Dry Powder Manufacturing process in Lenexa, KS. The position is responsible for understanding the Dry Powder Media manufacturing process to include blending, pin milling, dispensing/packaging, and the cleaning/drying of the equipment. The incumbent must understand and be able to navigate the process control systems for the equipment and understand how the system interfaces and stores data to OSI PI historian. The engineer must have knowledge of product powder attributes such as particle size, bulk density, flowability, and cohesiveness. The process engineer is the liaison between maintenance, engineering, and the shop floor. Provide support and mentoring to other engineering and engineering support personnel.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide technical support of the process equipment and manufacturing process to DPM personnel to include supervisors, lead operators and line operators.
- Provide technical support of the manufacturing process to internal departments and external customers as requested.
- Correct and implement solutions for process operational issues related to managing the equipment and manufacturing process.
- Able to assess and implement process improvements for cycle time, quality, and safety. Large scale improvements must utilize a formal process improvement tool. Larger scale projects must be ran as a formalized project. Able to use OSI PI data historian and review of existing process patterns to recommend improvements.
- Takes part in and contributes to a safe working environment by following corporate and department safety regulations.
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned.
- Degree in engineering discipline
- 3-5 yrs of experience in manufacturing environment
- PM experience a plus
- Chemistry/Biochemistry a plus
- Hands on experience-blending/milling
- cPMG experience
Who You Are
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Bioprocess Engineering, or related Engineering Discipline with 3-5 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 to 5 years of project management experience to include; managing budgets, scope, and project schedules.
- Proven ability to lead and participate as part of a team.
- Biochemistry/chemistry/Microbiology knowledge
- Hands on experience with process equipment to include; milling, blending, and/or automated clean in place systems.
- Preferred Experience:
- cGMP manufacturing experience in a regulated industry.
- Dry product processing and packaging experience.
- Knowledge and Skills:
- Effective communication skills. Able to keep Production Manager, and other Process Engineer up to date on all activities.
- Effective customer service skills and the ability to interact with customers and co-workers in a productive manner.
- Effective written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in team environment.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite. Some knowledge and ability to navigate in Microsoft Access
- Some knowledge and ability to navigate process plc systems and OSI PI data historian.
- Statistical process control (Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing SQC, etc) knowledge
ADDITIONAL LOCAL NEEDS
- Able to share call in and off hour and weekend support as projects require.
- Must be able to work independently on a variety of shifts as needed for support of project work
- Must be able to travel to support project work globally.
- Must be able to secure a Passport and travel Visas.
- Flexible work hours depending on project execution.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.