A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
An exciting new opportunity is vacant to join an innovative team within the New Company Builder division where you will manage in close cooperation with the founder of the project all plant related activities. This includes setting up of testing cascades including the choice of plant families, establish standard reporting tools and control mechanism to closely monitor various external partner (mostly agriculture university cooperation) to facilitate alignment of overall testing approach and safeguard homogenous output. You will maintain detailed records throughout the research and development cycle to facilitate a deeper understanding of plant effects and adjust future testing cascade. To a limited degree, you will present and explain the finding to internal and external stakeholder. You will report to Founder within the New Business Builder, Strategy & Transformation.
Who You Are:
- University Degree in Sciences (Biology) with focus on plant biology / horticulture and understanding of interaction of light with plant development
- Familiar with trends in modern greenhouses, plant factories, technical and commercial. Understanding of the processes and value drivers within a greenhouse and within the plant families
- Minimum 3+ years industry experience; having served in functions such as greenhouse expert, plant-expert etc., willingness to work into a global organization and be able to orchestrate a network of collaborator in different countries
- Open and innovative mind set to liaise with and visit other scientists, commercial breeders and potential partner and ability to work in a start up environment meaning taking action within his field of business on a pro active base without being guided all the time
- Fluent in English, written and spoken, German a plus
- Willingness to travel about 20% globally
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at