A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Project Engineer – Liquid Crystal Windows
Veldhoven, the Netherlands
Merck Window Technologies develops and manufactures Liquid Crystal Windows. LC Windows can change their transmission with the switch of a button, providing control over light and heat entering into a building and bring comfort and privacy to the users. Merck’s switchable materials are the core of these switchable windows. Merck Window Technologies provides switchable glass solutions to key users for applications in architecture worldwide.
We are looking for a Project Engineer (m/f) to join our production organization
As Project Engineer you contribute to selling planned capacity of Merck LC Cell Technologies. You provide technical knowledge, advice and support to commercial projects, resellers and customers during the sales process to resolve requests regarding product/service technical issues. You have a central position in the organization and interface with many different departments, organizing the success of your product lines.
You are reporting to the Product Manager and work as a member of the Marketing and Sales Team. Your activities include, but are not limited to;
- Answer in timely manner sales enquiries; request sales for visits and follows up on this
- Preparation of product details for quotation including size; stack; electronics
- Make building physics and structural calculations
- Make electrical design drawings.
- Negotiate special product requirements and required data with the Product Manager
- Negotiate production slot and delivery date with Production
- Provide information for cost estimations
- Provide information package to superior for price negotiation
- Prepare quotations
- Receive and act on customer orders
- Inform customers of delivery and installation dates
- Work as a member of the Marketing and Sales Team
Who you are
You have minimum a BSc, preferably a MSc in Building Technology, Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering, or Electrical Engineering. Next to this you have technical experience (3-5 years) in the glass industry. For instance, with a glass processor, or a façade contractor, furthermore you:
- Have technical experience in electrical installation and design.
- Are able to read drawings
- Can run structural calculations and building physic calculations
- Have strong prioritization skills and ability to manage complex projects
- Have a sense of commerce
- Fluent in English and Dutch, German and French would be beneficial.
- Motivated to make LCW a success
- Customer orientated and be able to efficiently communicate with clients
- Able to work flexibly
What we offer
Merck Window Technologies is part of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt. Merck’s portfolio extends from liquid crystals for displays and pigments for automotive coatings to cancer treatments, and your possibilities to develop in our growing company are just as manifold. As a stock-listed company we still make history – not least because we take responsibility for our employees, products, the environment and society. We offer modern and international working environment to unleash your innovative potential in diverse teams. Next to this we offer a competing salary and good benefit package including an attractive bonus plan.
An assessment and business case can be part of the procedure.
What we offer: We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!