A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your role: As Project Engineer you contribute to selling planned capacity of our Liquid Crystals Cell Technologies. You provide technical knowledge, advice and support to commercial projects, resellers and customers during the sales process to resolve requests regarding product/service technical issues. You have a central position in the organization and interface with many different departments, organizing the success of your product lines. You are reporting to the Product Manager and work as a member of the Marketing and Sales Team. Responsibilities include managing sales enquiries; requesting sales for visits and follows up, preparation of product details for quotation including size; stack; electronics, proceed with building physics and structural calculations, and electrical design drawings. In this role you will also negotiate special product requirements and required data with the Product Manager, negotiate production slot and delivery date with Production, you will provide information for cost estimations and information package to superior for price negotiation, prepare quotations, receive and act on customer order, inform customers of delivery and installation dates. You will work as a member of the Marketing and Sales Team.
Who you are:
- You have minimum a BSc, preferably a MSc in Building Technology, Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- You have technical experience (3+ years) in the glass industry. For instance, with a glass processor, or a façade contractor
- You have technical experience in electrical installation and design, are able to read drawings and to run structural calculations and building physic calculations
- You have strong prioritization skills and ability to manage complex projects
- You are fluent in English. Fluency in Dutch, German and/or French would be beneficial
- You are driven and want to make LCW a success
- You are customer orientated and be able to efficiently communicate with clients
What we offer: We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!