A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: The Procurement Specialist II is responsible for raw material planning and purchasing as required, utilizing the current ERP system to support supply chain activities. The PSII has strong negotiation and sourcing experience and will effectively collaborate with suppliers and internal customers to ensure business success.
The Procurement Specialist II:
- Uses best practices and knowledge of internal and/or external business issues to improve products
- Uses specialist knowledge, analytical skills, judgment, and broad conceptual and practical experience to solve complex problems and to contribute to process improvements
- Understands how the different teams jointly achieve the objectives of the area and uses knowledge of the organization, processes, customers and key business drivers to increase effectiveness
- Works with substantial discretion within broad guidelines
- Manages own workload
- May lead small projects with limited risks and resource requirements
- Uses sound interpersonal skills to advance discussions and build consensus across the business primarily regarding own technical area or discipline
- Performs Request for Quote, Request for Information, and Request for Proposal as assigned
- Processes product change system forms for changes to materials
- Reviews and qualifies new suppliers according to standard operating procedures
- Reviews, discusses, and works closely with higher level material Planners and Master Schedulers to resolve all issues
- Represents Manager in site activities and meetings as assigned
- Completes Special Projects as assigned
- Performs other duties as assigned
Who You Are
- B.A. in Supply Chain discipline or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of purchasing experience with knowledge of current purchasing principles, methods, and techniques along with negotiation and sourcing experience
- 3+ years experience in raw material planning (MRP)
- Experienced with and knowledge of Materials Requirements Planning and planning practices
- Biochemical or Biotechnical experience strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of SAP strongly preferred
- APICS/ISM Certification
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.