A career in our Company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
As Buy & Pay Senior Process Expert (m/f) you will be responsible for global End-to-End Invoice to Pay and Travel & Expense process design in the Shared Services Center. These includes activities covered by Shared Service Center as well as local Finance activities and ERP systems, to improve business outcomes.
You will provide transparency by defining process performance KPIs and measurement, define and further develop/ optimized E2E processes, roles & responsibilities in the areas of Invoice 2 Pay including the vendor master data procedure in the SAP MDG-Supplier system assigned by the Company's standard parameters (e.g. Lean Finance Framework objects, as P2P SOP requirements).
- Pro-actively drive process improvement and innovation in close alignment with MBS Operations, Process Excellence Organization and relevant stakeholders.
- Adhere standard processes in related ERP application landscape (SAP ARIBA, SAP Travel & Expense Concur with Merck’s travel policy) and be engaged in projects.
Who you are:
- University degree (business related); Master’s degree strongly preferred
- 8+ years of complex/ international Finance accounting/ purchasing experience
- Strong Finance / Procurement process knowledge or willingness to obtain it in case of different functional background
- Strong determination, self-motivation and goal-setting to develop and align sustainable global process design
- Excellent end to end process Knowledge and experience of Invoice to Pay and Travel and Expense preferably with SAP ERP FI/ MM, SAP Ariba, SAP Concur experience
- Hands-on experience to pro-actively drive improvements and best-practice solutions
- Fluency in English with ability to work in an international team
What we offer: In our Company, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!