A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Under the direction of the Service Provider Management team this role will be accountable for the delivery of the following.
The project coordinator will perform various non-clinical project management activities focused on the support of clinical outsourcing oversight and vendor performance to ensure value, speed and quality in the delivery of high performance clinical trials.
- Liaise with appropriate stakeholders and vendors to identify and define project requirements, scope and objectives, always maintaining a level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Translate scope and requirements into tasks lists and schedule; assign and monitor tasks, review progress and initiate appropriate actions to achieve target objectives
- Monitor and analyze project and vendor oversight performance; communicate project status and changes in project scope and project schedule; highlight risks and recommend mitigations
- Create and maintain comprehensive project plans, documentation, and reports
- Establish and maintain inspection ready electronic project files with a keen focus on process improvement
- Organize meetings; record meeting minutes; keep detailed project notes and records
- Track and manage incoming communication around the project (s)
- Provide back-up support to Project Lead, running project team meetings as required
- Lead communication stakeholder management mapping and development of executive level presentations, speaker notes, key communication updates on intranet etc.
- Keep all members of the team up-to-date with current information
- Communicate with team members to ensure optimal strategy and maximum efficiency
- Report and escalate to management as needed
Who you are:
- A bachelor’s degree with 3 plus years of experience or master’s degree in clinical research related field a minimum requirement
- Proven work experience as a Project Coordinator or similar role
- Excellent organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management and the ability to apply extreme attention to detail and organization in all aspects of work
- Exceptional PowerPoint presentation skills
- Knowledge and experience implementing and utilizing Project Management systems
- Ability to work well with large and diverse teams; Strong interpersonal skills; ability to effectively interact with all levels of within the global organization and externally
- Experience with task scheduling
- Experience with project management practices and tools to create, manage, and track project performance.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and listening)
- Demonstrated good problem solving and decision-making skills
- Strong knowledge of applicable computer and project management software packages
- Familiarity with financial budgeting or reporting
- Experience in communication approaches and development of presentations
- Experienced user of MS Office 365 toolset (Word, Excel, SharePoint, PowerPoint etc.).
- Keen aptitude to learn innovative technologies and leverage business analysis skills
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt; flexibility and an “all hands-on deck” approach
- Requires strong attention to detail and the ability to establish priorities, schedule and meet deadlines under pressure
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team. Demonstrated capability to work in a fast-paced and matrixed global work environment and respond to shifting priorities. Must possess an elevated level of initiative
- Sound basic knowledge of medical and pharmaceutical terminology
- Good understanding of drug development and clinical trial process
- Knowledge of ICH / Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines, global regulatory requirements and guidelines governing clinical research
- Located in Billerica, MA, USA
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.