A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role will be to develop the business of solvents for chromatography and instrumental analysis with focus on the North-American market. You will manage a customer-focused, high-volume product portfolio of different brands with the ability to operate independently. You will be responsible to grow product revenues and maximize product margins. You will develop and implement marketing strategies including product positioning, brand implementation, future product launches, go-to-market and supply chain. You will develop and steer implementation of specific marketing programs (products & packaging, distribution & sales support, communication / advertising, pricing). Your main interfaces will be with customers and within MilliporeSigma / Merck with commercial areas, product management operations, operations, supply chain, R&D and with external distributors. You will prepare and coordinate product introductions, execute product updates and discontinue products in order to maintain a customer-focused portfolio (product life cycle management). You will periodically conduct customer presentations and attend industry events.
- Monitor customer trends, analyze market data and develop strategic conclusions.
- Provide marketing insight and direction to optimize availability and pricing in collaboration with product management operations, operations and supply chain.
- Provide marketing insight and direction for new product launches in collaboration with R&D.
- Define, implement and update a marketing strategy (Product, Price, Distribution, Communication).
- Implement a product quality concept consistent with market needs including product specifications & documentations.
- Ensure that global and local prices on product/ SKU level meet the customer requirements.
- Support the implementation of sales & marketing campaigns with sales support material & trainings, customer seminars, marketing tools, incl. e-marketing and web-activities
- Manage product launches, modifications and deletions for assigned products/product lines (lifecycle management).
- Monitor sales and profitability.
Who You Are
- Must have sales or marketing experience in the analytical laboratory business. Must possess an undergraduate or graduate degree that provides knowledge of theories, principles and concepts within a discipline (preferrably within chemistry or business administration).
- Preferred: Substantial professional experience of minimal 3 + years.
- Additional skills needed:
- Minimum of three to five years sales or marketing experience in the analytical laboratory marketplace, preferably related to high volume chemicals
- BA/BS required, MBA or advanced degree preferred
- Strong strategic skills related to branding, positioning, go-to-market concepts of high volume chemicals
- Strong communication skills (written and spoken) and an ability to translate information into succinct and high impact marketing messages
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Willing to travel up to 25% of time ( USA and International Travel )
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.