A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
In-vitro Cytogenetics/Screening lab runs a wide variety of GLP and Non GLP assays to characterize produce or material safety. Assays range from NGLP Screening Ames assays to in-vitro assays (NRU, BHAS, CHO Micronucleus FLOW, SHE, 3D Skin Comet).
Your Role: The Associate Scientist II (AS II) will perform a wide variety of assays or tests required to characterize product or material safety.
- He/she will make scientific observations, maintain detailed workbooks/documentation and ensure all documentation fulfills generally accepted professional/industry standards.
- He/she will maintain an understanding of technological principles and applications of the organization’s services.
- Demonstrate ability to use and maintain laboratory equipment including but not limited to: centrifuges, incubators, biosafety cabinets, Vi-CELL XR Cell Viability Analyzer, Coulter Counter Z1, and various types of micropipettes.
- Demonstrate ability to maintain adherent and suspension cell cultures by following aseptic techniques.
- Perform NGLP Screening Ames assays (plate incorporation method, pre-incubation method, spot test method, and Ames II method).
- Perform portions of Comet Single Cell Gel Electrophoresis assay (preparation of slides, processing of organs, electrophoresis of slides, scoring of slides, and analysis of data).
- Perform In Vitro Cytogenetic Micronucleus assays in CHO and HPBL cells (seeding of cells, dosing of cells, washing of cells, harvesting/termination of cells and scoring of cell cycle kinetics). Neutral Red Uptake Assay in HPBL and CHO cells (seeding of cells, dosing of cells, washing of cells, harvesting/termination and scoring).
- Receive training in conduct of Bhas 42 Cell Transformation assay (maintenance of cell cultures, plating the assay, scoring the assays by spectrophotometer or microscope).
Who You Are:
- Education Level and Languages Required:
- BA/BS in scientific discipline with 1-3 years of experience
- Or Equivalent scientific experience
- Professional Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Working knowledge of a research laboratory.
- Experience with cell culture or bacteria research
- Experience in performing a variety of assays including, but not limited to seeding cells, dosing of cells, and harvesting of cells.
- Ability to analyze data and interpret results.
- Possess good interpersonal and strong written/verbal communication skills.
- Highly motivated and detail oriented with good organizational skills.
- Possess the ability to multitask and work independently or in a team environment with minimum supervision.
- Good computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets and database software applications, specifically MS Office (Word and Excel).
- Travel Requirements
- Pre-Employment testing requirements
- PFT and Hep B vaccine in addition to routing physical and blood work at Occupational Health Consultants
- Physical Requirements (PPE, lifting)
- Ability to use respirators
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.