A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Sr. Planning and Scheduling Specialist is a mid to upper level technical position in the Supply Chain function. The Sr. Planner is considered a resource for understanding local and regional supply chains. The position is also expected to be a subject matter expert and is able to run cross-functional supply chain improvements. The position has the ability to clearly communicate complex data in an easy to understand format.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Participate in the testing of system wide developments
- Act as a departmental technical resource throughout the implementation process
- Identify local/regional training or system related issues and create documentation for training or preparing enhancement requests for system development.
- Lead discussions and training sessions for implementations.
- Clearly communicate complex data and supply chains to the business teams.
- Train identified personnel (including outside IPF) on aspects of SAP or supporting systems
- Lead process improvement initiatives to increase productivity, eliminate waste, and streamline processes in production
- Master Data Maintenance and Ownership
- Act as the centralized resource for reviewing, troubleshooting and submitting Master Data, product, recipe, or BOM changes in the PPPO Change database for Planning and Scheduling.
- Develop queries and reports to actively identify errors in master data tables for MRP
- Identify and test potential changes to master data to improve MRP functionality
- Develop, Test and Execute Models for Scheduling Operations
- Utilize MRP lists and identify new SAP generated reports to analyze worldwide service levels.
- Review anomalies in Grasp generated forecast and adjust forecast accordingly
- Identify and control physical and material constrains. Assist planners in the development and testing to maximize throughput and reduce costs
- Calculate specific safety stock levels, test and implement strategies with high demand to ensure 100% service level
- Develop SAP generated reports various performance measures to identify opportunities for refinement of strategies, process improvement, and testing.
- Update and revise plans for changes in lead times, order quantities, service level and sourcing locations.
- Identify inventory overstock situations and form teams to identify causes and possible solutions to the overstock.
- Develop and run long and short term capacity models to identify potential operational constraints.
- Coordinate and facilitate Sales & Operational Planning meetings as required.
- Suggest and participate in the testing of SAP designs to ensure smooth implementation.
- Run SAP test scripts in a timely fashion.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the planning team.
- Analyze and update lead times for produced and purchased items.
- Develop systems to track forecast vs. actual performance. Review results with sales and marketing. Determine best forecast and revise into final plan.
- Miscellaneous duties and tasks as assigned.
- Exemplary attendance and adherence to schedule.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business or technical field
- 4+ years of industrial experience.
- 4+ years planning/supply chain management or scheduling functions using an MRP and/or ERP systems.
- 1+ years SAP Experience required
- M.A. Degree preferred.
- APICS, CPIM or CSCP, preferred
- Documented leadership ability in process improvement techniques to reduce costs, improve service levels and increase capacity.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Access, etc.)
- ISO standards (in relation to preparing documents).
- Basic scheduling techniques and material requirements planning knowledge.
- Mathematical, organizational, spreadsheet, word processing, database management, problem solving, communication, attention to detail, teamwork, training, and leadership.
- Ability to work independently and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to communicate at different levels of the business.
- High sense of urgency.
- Extremely organized and detail oriented.
- Good judgment and analytical skills are imperative
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.