A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
MilliporeSigma world-class Jaffrey, NH Manufacturing Center of Excellence is ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 Certified, practices Six Sigma principles and is an environmentally conscious facility focused on long term sustainability. Join our team and you’ll enjoy the rewards of a global company with an innovative multi-product portfolio, without the big-city commute. Whether you live in New Hampshire or commute from Massachusetts, you’ll find there are many compelling reasons to join MilliporeSigma in Jaffrey. We are closer than you think - to learn more about the Jaffrey site, please visit www.millipore.com/jaffrey.
Essential Job Functions:
- Create and execute the Jaffrey Logistics Strategy which allows improvements in the site material flow, efficient space utilization and cost of operations.
- Accountable for a 3-shift operation, 24/7, multiple location, warehouse and logistics operation.
- Directs and manages the overall planning, supervision and continuous improvement of shipping, receiving, warehouse and inventory control areas, as well as material within warehouses.
- Responsible for delivering the logistics and material flow strategy and execution as well as future state improvement projects.
- Accountability of inventory accuracy and all inventory levels (raw materials, work in process and finished goods) required to balance customer orders with working capital requirements.
- Becomes a subject matter expert within the site to provide leadership and problem solving for material flow related issues and projects.
- Manage operations to deliver the day to day logistical aspects for the manufacturing operations both at the Jaffrey facility and any offsite warehouse locations.
- Determine staffing needs to accomplish specific work tasks and assign personnel accordingly.
- Interview, hire, coach and mentor new staff.
- Monitors daily workload and adjusts resources to meet requirements.
- Ability to certifiably use warehouse equipment including a wide range of forklifts (stand up, sit down, electric and propane).
- Establish and maintain a safe, clean and well-organized work environment.
- Drive continuous improvement efforts in productivity and performance metrics using lean tools and employee engagement.
- Provide onsite support for all FTZ administration, becoming the main point of contact for inspection readiness from all regulatory agencies as well as customer audits.
- Acts as a mentor to staff and develops a “learning” organization.
- Accomplishes operational goals by communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring and appraising job results, coaching/counseling team members, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Actively manage employee performance through coaching and counseling, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Interact with other departments to obtain required support and foster an atmosphere of teamwork.
- Keeps management informed on any issues/problems that may have a negative impact to operation.
- Ensures compliance with all EHS and quality regulations.
- Assist with special projects as and when required.
- Represent the WHSE at cross functional forums and meetings. Attend daily and weekly Operations, Production Planning, Network Planning and Material planning meetings. Using interpersonal skills represent the department at these meetings by acting as a subject matter expert for his/her assigned portfolio.
- Participate in carrier management processes, such performance evaluation and scheduling.
- Analyzes all aspects of distribution to determine the most cost-effective or efficient.
- Responsible for working in accordance with documented Quality System and for ensuring that products and services meet the customer's specified requirements.
- Ability to execute other projects and tasks as required by management.
- Strong Project Management skills with demonstrated experience.
- May be required to work different shifts, additional hours and weekends if needed.
Who You Are
- Prefer bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management, Logistics or similar field a plus.
- Minimum of 10 experience within a Warehouse environment and prefers 8 years in a leadership position or a position of increasing responsibilities with demonstrated leadership skills and responsibilities.
- Strong Knowledge of Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ), Department of Transportation (DOT) and other government regulatory agency policies and procedures.
- Strong knowledge of QMS, ISO and cGMP.
- Bioscience/Biotech/Pharmaceutical industry experience.
- An understanding of current logistics industry practises is a must, experience with international shipment and distribution channels is preferred.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills w/ ability to motivate, inspire, and build a high performing team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must. Able to clearly communicate issues and areas for improvement to management and direct reports in a timely and easy to understand manner.
- Proven problem-solving ability and troubleshooting skills. Strong Decision making and consensus building skills.
- Collaborative and likeable team player. Always looking to share and advance best practices.
- Ability to drive change and challenge the status quo in a respectful/professional manner.
- Uses sound interpersonal skills to advance discussions and build consensus across the business and with external customers, suppliers or agencies, primarily regarding own technical area or discipline.
- APICS or equivalent certification desired.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.