A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
OFFICED BASED ACCOUNT MANAGER (INSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE) FOR THE APPLIED MARKETS INDUSTRIAL SEGMENT – NORTH AMERICA. SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE REPORTs TO ST. LOUIS, MO OFFICE.
- Manage a named and geographic account territory ranging in excess of $5M depending on role within the team and corresponding sales operating plan expectations.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Account Manager is responsible for achieving all sales/growth targets, in an assigned territory through proactive (outbound) contact and overall account/territory management.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Proactively contact customers/accounts, identify customer needs, present value oriented products/offers and subsequently generate a pipeline of short term and long term opportunities that drive incremental growth.
- Identifies and implements tactics aimed at influencing run rate associated sales such as overall pricing strategy, custom opportunities, etc.
- Uses tools such as gap analysis, product knowledge or industry related information to identify and prioritize prospects to contact and generate opportunities, build new relationships etc.
- Demonstrates effective account management and selling skills including relationship management, prospecting, pipeline management, negotiating and closing.
- Prepares and executes territory plans. Provides monthly updates detailing progress on the plan, justifies variances and indicates corrective action needed and/or taken.
- Responsible for mapping key contacts, key labs, key decision makers, etc. to prioritize prospecting efforts, accounts and opportunities.
- Partners with specialists to serve customer needs and the greater sales strategy.
- Travels on a quarterly basis or as needed to maintain relationships and identify new contacts and opportunities or for team meetings.
- Utilizes all internal resources and systems to provide quotations and/or negotiate long term pricing for continued and incremental growth of the territory.
- Participate in both product and sales training to further influence discussions with customers, maintain critical product and market knowledge and ultimately influence sales activities that drive incremental growth.
- Enters all pipeline activity and updates into the CRM system, dashboard reports and any other reports as requested by management.
Who You Are
Education / Experience:
Bachelor’s degree with 1 to 2 years of related sales and/or science experience preferred. Direct experience in technical sales and/or demonstrated ability to manage smaller value, short-term sales as well as long term strategic sales simultaneously is a plus.
Knowledge and Skills:
Professional appearance and demeanor, excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills; ability to work and think independently while interacting in a team environment; ability to organize, plan and report on activities; detail oriented; knowledge of customer service principles and practices. Software: Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word), Customer Relationship Management and basic internet skills.
Essential and Critical Skills:
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Understanding of customers, market needs, and competition in the life science research market.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and manage multiple priorities.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work in team environment and partner with other sales reps for the good of the customer and the company.
- Strong business ethics.
- Ability to travel as needed or requested.
- Basic computer competency is required.
ADDITIONAL LOCAL NEEDS:
Physical requirements: Able to walk, type, effectively communicate, work on a computer station, travel on planes, drive a licensed vehicle, file paper work.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.