A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: The Quality Control Supervisor oversees the execution of the Quality Control system at the Kankakee site. The position is responsible for the direct supervision and development of QC Analysts.
- Ensure QC lab compliance with ISO, FDA, cGMP, and EMD Millipore requirements.
- Comply with HS&E requirements. Promote a safety first culture.
- Maintain departmental budgets within established guidelines.
- Manage vendor contracts for laboratory equipment
- Participate in the sourcing and qualification of third party laboratory services
- Ensure timely execution of production testing at incoming, in-process, and final release operations
- Manage QC scientist training and certification program. Initiation and evolution of developmental plans for QC Scientists
- Development and reporting of Quality metrics for the QC lab. Assurance that those metrics are being met, lab performance is continually improving, and that metrics are communicated throughout the plant as appropriate.
- Support new product transfers into Manufacturing through test method validation, component qualification, raw material sampling, and adherence to the Product Design Process system.
- Execution of lab test method validation
- Provide back-up support to site Head of Quality when needed.
- Provide back-up support for QC Analysts during absences and vacations as needed.
- May be required to perform additional duties as assigned.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry or other scientific discipline
- 5+ years in Analytical Laboratory work
- 3+ years working in a manufacturing environment
- Previous supervisory experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing ERP systems (Oracle and SAP preferred).
- Working knowledge of LIMS preferred.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.