A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the installation, repair, preventive maintenance and qualification of water purification systems in the Delaware area.
- MilliporeSigma Field Service Engineers (FSEs) must be willing to travel infrequently outside his/her territory to assist colleagues in other territories and for training.
- Routine overnight travel in assigned region is required. Overnight frequency is approximately 25 - 35%.
- The candidate will be provided with all necessary tools and resources to provide MilliporeSigma's customers with Best-in-Class customer service and support.
- FSEs operate independently within their geographic territory and enjoy being home-based.
- The candidate will work with the internal support groups within MilliporeSigma (Sales, Technical Services, Logistics, Customer Service and others) to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction to MilliporeSigma’s customers.
- Responsible for making all customer contacts for scheduling and completing all required work in the service territory in the time frame required.
- Excellent computer skills with a user level competency in Windows, MS Excel, and using web-based applications. As well, a basic knowledge of PC Device connections and Network settings is necessary – Serial port and USB Connections, including resource selection and IP address settings.
- Responsible for promoting MilliporeSigma’s consumables, services, capital upgrades and accessories to all customer contacts to ensure the growth of EMD Millipore’s Field Service business unit.
Who You Are:
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Electronics or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Technical degree, professional experience or military electronics experience may substitute.
- 3+ years of field service experience with Electro-Mechanical devices.
- Experience in testing, repairing and maintaining capital equipment.
- This position has a 50 pound minimum lifting requirement.
- Strong electronics and computer background.
- Must be proficient in the use of tools and service test equipment.
- Effective communication and customer service skills are essential with the ability to deliver “Best in class” customer satisfaction.
- Employees who drive company vehicles must comply with the Company Vehicle Policy and will require a valid driver's license and good driving record. Complying with vendor credentialing requirements is an essential function of this position.
- Vendor credentialing requirements include without limitation, yearly background checks, immunizations (i.e. flu shots, HepB), and various trainings.
- Must be able to work independently without supervision and in an established team setting.
- Willing to work outside of normal business hours as business needs dictate, including willingness to work overtime as required.
- Experience with Reverse Osmosis and water purification technologies preferred.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.