A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Who You Are:
Develop and implement engineering solutions to internal customer problems and opportunities. Provide project management and engineering on small to large capital projects from initiation through start-up and closure documentation. Provide support and mentoring to other engineering and engineering support personnel. Coordinate and manage control system projects, change in equipment, and work for Siemens. Troubleshoot Siemens panels and Software (Insight and Infocenter).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage and Troubleshoot Siemens Insight
- Manage and Troubleshoot Siemens Infocenter
- Manage and Troubleshoot Siemens Control Panels
- Knowledge of SQL Server
- Knowledge in BACnet
- Project Management skills
- Knowledgeable in HVAC
- Knowledgeable in Instrumentation
- Knowledge of Clean Rooms and air balancing
- Evaluate problems and opportunities and develop solutions
- Develop project requirements and develop approximate costs
- Manage small to large capital project scope, budget, and schedule through project life cycle
- Procure necessary contractor services, material and equipment to support capital projects and processes
- Manage and coordinate project design and development of construction documents
- Manage and coordinate construction phase of projects
- Manage and coordinate startup, commissioning, validation and closeout of projects
- Manage quality control objectives through all phases of projects
- Attend seminars, conferences and training to maintain and expand technical expertise
·Lead or support departmental process improvement efforts based on yearly set objectives
Who You Are:
- BS in Engineering or euqvalent work experience.
- 5 plus years engineering experience in a chemical production environment
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMI PMP) desired
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, and team building skills
- Ability to understand and provide direction to assure compliance with, Sigma-Aldrich’s and external regulatory agencies’, policies, codes, standards and regulations.
- Effective customer service skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Effective project scope conceptualization skills
- Effective, disciplined, and demonstrated documentation skills
- Effective negotiation skills
- Proficient in the use of standard office software and AutoCAD
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.