A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Responsible for the functional operations in one or more of the following areas: Receiving, Warehouse Stocking, Domestic or International Shipping or Inventory Control for two sites. The Team Leader responsible for a specific area will ensure that the proper amount of labor is allocated to each associated task and will make the correct adjustments as needed throughout a shift. This position will also ensure that all problems are identified and either resolved or escalated to a site Supervisor in a timely manner. Team Leaders are responsible for training in their areas and will ensure that all functions are executed per the corresponding documented processes (SOPs). They will also maintain a full understanding of all ERP, WMS and Transportation systems that are utilized. The Team Leader will be trained and certified in the operation of all material handling equipment and will train other Operators as required. Feedback will be provided back to the site Supervisor on all issues related to area and Operator performance.
All Team Leaders should be able to work under minimal supervision and should be able to coordinate all activities during a shift from start to finish.
A Team Leader is expected to work with the Site Supervisor to develop a positive working relationship and work environment with all internal and external customers.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensures that all work is performed and all duties are assigned in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Manages all personal training requirements as well as the training requirements for assigned team.
- Schedules, monitors and adjusts work assignments throughout each shift to meet or exceed area goals and objectives.
- Reports and provides gap analysis on productivity for the assigned area by applicable increments (hour, shift, week, month, quarter, year to date)
- Performs all duties in a timely manner to meet production schedules and compliance with all applicable quality, safety and/or health standards and regulations.
- Maintains cooperative, professional working relationship with department personnel and interfacing departments. Assists in alternate work areas as directed.
- Maintains work area and equipment in clean and orderly condition.
- Initiates, processes, verifies and maintains accurate computer transactions.
- Picks, packs, prepares and inspects material for accuracy of part numbers, quantities, lot and serial numbers, expiration dates, perish codes, notes, marks, certifications, special labeling, storage, packaging or marking requirements.
- Opens and unpacks, counts, identifies and verifies against packing slip, purchase orders and internal requisitions. Notes and records discrepancies.
- Stows and records location of material based on classification, perishable code, DG class, expiration and directed disposition.
- Performs physical inventory and cycle count activities. Investigates and resolves stock keeping errors or other discrepancies.
- Processes work orders and material requests for staging and stocking according to pre-assigned schedule.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- 5+ years’ experience in shipping, receiving and inventory control
- 5+ years’ experience in warehouse operations.
- 5+ years’ experience working in Microsoft Office along with a Warehousing Computer System is required, Oracle or SAP is preferred.
- Forklift or Dangerous Goods Shipping certification preferred (can be obtained during employment).
- Physical Requirements: Safely lift and carry 50 lbs. alone; push/pull/drag 75 lbs. with help. Stand for extended periods. Work in cold room environment.
- Communication skills, both oral and written, must be at a sufficient level to perform all job duties.
- Ability to perform basic math functions accurately.
- Knowledge of Warehouse shipping methods and procedures.
- Inventory cycle count experience preferred.
- Experience with equipment and tools utilized in shipping, receiving and warehousing operations including but not limited to forklift, stacker, pallet jacks, hand truck, postage meter machines preferred.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.