A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Who we are:
EMD Serono is the North American biopharma brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany - a leading science and technology company - focused exclusively on specialty care. For more than 40 years, the brand has integrated cutting-edge science, innovative products and industry-leading patient support and access programs. EMD Serono has deep expertise in neurology, fertility and endocrinology, as well as a robust pipeline of potential therapies in oncology, immuno-oncology and immunology as R&D focus areas.
The Patient Access & Government Affairs Manager, Québec is a motivated individual who enjoys working in a challenging and fast-paced environment. The Patient Access & Government Affairs Manager will uncover opportunities and build strong partnerships with key stakeholders. Reporting to the Director, Patient Access and Government Affairs, the ideal candidate will be a key member of the Patient Access and Government Affairs team, with direct responsibilities for Quebec and the Atlantic provinces. The focus of the role will be to secure, maintain and grow patient access to EMD Serono’s commercial products and services, and further the company’s public policy goals. The successful candidate will have the capacity to competently work with internal and external stakeholders, to shape and execute on the business strategy.
Who you are:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree (sciences, economics, political science, or public administration)
- Post-graduate experience an asset (in a related field – e.g. Health Economics)
- Bilingual in French and English both spoken and written is required
- 5+ years’ experience in pharma/biotech, public healthcare (hospital, health region or authority) or government (with a focus on public health)
- Demonstrated experience in Government Affairs or Market Access preferred, with specific experience in the development of access/formulary listing submissions to government and other payers
- Targeted experience in one or more of the following therapeutic areas is preferred: Oncology, Neurology, Fertility, Endocrinology
- Specific experience developing market access strategies for Oncology products
- Strong understanding of current pharmaceutical industry payer environment
- Experience bringing products through the formulary submissions and pricing process (navigating CADTH and INESSS; CDR/pCODR; and the pCPA)
- A commitment to IMC Code of Conduct and Health Canada rules and regulations governing communication to HCP and non-HCP community stakeholders
- Politically astute with strong facilitation, communication and negotiation skills
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Solid personal organizational and prioritization skills with the ability to manage work independently and in partnership with teams & key stakeholders
- Ability to make concise decision with sound judgement
- Willingness to travel approximately 25 % of the time
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com