A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: This employee will help with developing capacity models, scheduling workloads for employees, and be a motivating team resource. They will be able to understand team targets and provide knowledge to subordinates to help develop team capabilities. This position will assist/lead process improvement projects that increase quality standards and increase output capacity. The successful candidate will demonstrate Leadership by Developing trust, engaging conflict, gaining commitment, expecting accountability, and delivering results.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Full understanding of production/ERP databases
- Harvest and present data from different sources
- Use all resources to drive production rates
- Provide support/training to all team members
- Work with other Groups to coordinate product flow
- Provide professional advice/feedback to management
Subject Matter Expert- A subject matter expert (SME) will have a complete understanding of a specialized process. This position will understand the full spectrum of a product type. Areas of Production, Quality Control, and Downstream knowledge for that product type will be understood, mastered, and applied. The SME will develop and integrate new products into existing ERP operations.
- Understand science behind Upstream and Downstream processes for a product type
- Apply knowledge to overcome product packaging challenges
- Coordinate activities with production to ensure product integrity
- Develop and document packaging processes for sensitive products
- Provide support/training to all team members
Equipment SuperUser- A Equipment SuperUser will take full responsibility for ensuring all equipment is running at optimal levels. This employee will spread across departments and be a technical resource for multiple groups when equipment issues are reported. They will work with equipment vendors/manufacturers to troubleshoot problems and bring equipment back online. This position will take preventative maintenance to a new level by implementing TPM(Total Productive Maintenance) on all existing and new equipment. The successful candidate will be a future looking technical resource for all equipment needs throughout the site.
- Use OEE to monitor equipment efficiency and drive improvements
- Establish visual systems to monitor equipment efficiency
- Develop a TPM System for new and existing Equipment
- Implement Short Interval Control (SIC)
- Train with equipment manufacturers
- Provide operation training to end users
Who You Are:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 3+ years of experience working in a production environment
- 3+ years of experience troubleshooting and maintaining production equipment
- Ability to read, follow and understand operating procedures.
- Capable of doing basic math and counting to large numbers without error.
- Willingness to learn multiple production operations and adjust quickly to new tasks.
- Needs to be able to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally to report production information.
- Proficient in the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Prior experience working with ERP databases
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.