A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: The ideal candidate will lead a team to accomplish bio-conjugation process chemistry technology transfer and development campaigns designed to deliver robust and cost effective production processes to GMP manufacturing.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Leverage experience in protein biochemistry and/or conjugation chemistry to on-board/develop, optimize and scale up bio-conjugation process chemistry unit operations.
- Effectively work with key stakeholders to technology transfer time sensitive bio-conjugation production processes to GMP manufacturing.
- Utilize experience in protein biochemistry for generic analysis and characterization of protein conjugates.
- Troubleshoot bio-conjugate production process non-conformances and deliver data driven solutions
Who You Are
- PhD in Biochemistry, Biology or related field
- Experience with protein purification, or oligo nucleotide purification on preparative scale a strong plus.
- Documented experience in protein or other biopolymer purification at both the bench and production scale employing state of the art chromatographic and ultrafiltration unit operations
- Experience in bio-conjugation process chemistry development and optimization, including the use of Design of Experiments approaches highly desired
- Documented experience in qualitative and quantitative characterization protein and/or bio-conjugate employing current and evolving analytical methods
- Documented record of high project impact when leading multidisciplinary teams
- Exemplary communication skills including timely and concise written and oral communications to both external and internal project stakeholders
- Attention to detail in planning, execution and documentation of experimental work.
- Demonstrated experience leading projects and teams
- 5+ years relevant experience in research and development in either industry or academia is preferred
- Experience related to chemical and/or enzymatic conjugation of small molecule payloads to biopolymer scaffolds strongly preferred.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.