A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Strategy at MilliporeSigma –
We are expanding our Strategy Teams at MilliporeSigma. We are looking for driven, curious, and impact-focused individuals to join us.
Come and talk with us if shaping the future and solving the toughest problems in Life Science with the world’s scientific community sound like the right challenge for you.
There are several Strategy openings across Life Science and in our Business Units. Depending on experience, the key activities may include:
- Strategy development: Develop a holistic strategy to drive profitable growth, including deep dive analysis of emerging opportunities and challenges
- Analytics: Assess markets and competitors in relevant franchises, regions, and customer segments; develop dashboards/analytics for ongoing tracking
- Execution: Manage and track execution of priority projects, drive process improvement as appropriate
- Communication: Develop executive-level materials for presentation
- Stakeholder management: Serve as key thought partners for business stakeholders, and ensure involvement and engagement across relevant organizations
Who you are:
- BA/BS in life science or quantitative field; advanced degree (MBA, PhD) an asset
- 2+ years in a strategic planning and analytics role, preferably in the Life Science Tools space; management consulting experience preferred
- Strong business acumen, problem-solving and written & verbal communication
- Strong project management/facilitation skills, including experience with matrix teams, and building consensus across all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated agility to multitask, manage time and handle uncertainty
- Excellent computer skills (Excel & PPT a must); other analytics platforms (e.g. Tableau) or ERP systems a plus
- For some roles: Travel of 10-20% including international trips
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.