A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Role of Technical Operator I is a position in the Viresolve Pro department reporting to the department supervisor. This position will serve a crucial role in introducing Total Productive Maintenance to the Work Center, by bringing a holistic approach to daily production. A Technical Operator I will drive production fulfillment and work closely with the senior level technical operators in maximizing Overall Equipment Effectiveness.
This posting is for a A-Shift role from 6am to 2pm.
- Fulfill production requirements in a clean room, ISO 9001 environment
- Carry out mechanical setups
- Perform basic preventative maintenance tasks
- Demonstrate success in various training efforts
- Execute various transactions within Oracle to support production
Who You Are
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills, and expertise:
- Experience: at least 2 years working in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated interpersonal, teamwork, and mechanical skills
- Excel in a self-directed, continuous improvement environment
- Understand safe work practices and has knowledge of lock-out-tag-out, electrical safety, etc.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required; Associates degree or vocational tech training preferred
- Familiarity with EH&S, ISO, cGMP, and other regulatory requirements in a manufacturing environment
- Certified Lean/Six Sigma experience (e.g. belt certifications, root cause analysis training, and kaizen experience) is preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft applications; experience with Oracle or similar ERP systems is a plus
- Physical Requirements: able to lift 45 lbs
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.