A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Assist with the maintenance of analytical instrumentation and provide support within a quality control laboratory setting with regards to ensuring quality data can be provided by the various instrumentation contained within it.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Safely perform operations to meet quality expectations.
- Ensure quality throughout the process
- Maintain analytical instrumentation following an established quality management system
- Perform performance verification and preventative maintenance on instrumentation as needed
- Assist in new instrument on boarding and retirement
- Troubleshoot QC analytical instrumentation as needed
- Assist in further development of a strategic long-term stability program for instrumentation
- Assist other departments on site with troubleshooting analytical instrumentation as necessary
- Manage instrument service contracts and arrange visits from external service providers
- Assist in establishing limit of detection measurements for quantitative instruments
- Maintain records for instrument downtime and root cause analysis of instrument failure
- Assist in capital planning for new technologies and replacement instrumentation
- Maintain complete and contemporaneous documentation for instrument servicing
- Communicate the status of operations and bring deviations to the attention of management
- Clean-up equipment and working areas during and after operations
- Make data-driven decisions based on measurement systems analysis (MSA) and statistical data review
- In compliance with change control procedures, improve processes through application of scientific knowledge, experience, and principles.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement, review impact of changes and document all work
- Participate in process improvements under the guidance of a Supervisor or Scientist
- Take the necessary action to resolve any unsafe conditions
- Train personnel and act as a technical consultant as needed.
- Supply information based on experience and knowledge
- Be willing and able to further advance knowledge base through external training programs
- Write operating procedures for new instrumentation
Who You Are
- Education: BS or BA degree in chemistry, biochemistry, biology, chemical engineering or related life science.
- 2-5 years of Independent lab research or industrial experience desired
- Proven capability to maintain and troubleshoot various quality control lab instrumentation (especially chromatography and/or spectroscopic instrumentation)
- Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge in chemistry or biochemistry, math and general science.
- Familiar with laboratory instruments and analytical techniques.
- Statistical data analysis.
- Measurement systems analysis
- Safe chemical handling methods.
- Communication skills, oral and written.
- Computer skills.
- Mechanical skills.
- Troubleshooting skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Laboratory and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of ISO Quality standards.
ADDITIONAL LOCAL NEEDS
Chemical environment-Must be able to perform tasks while wearing personal protective equipment such as respirator or chemical protective clothing for extended periods.
May require occasional lifting and pushing of up to 80 pounds.
May require shift work.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.