A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 53,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your Role: As Account Manager, you will be the primary point of contact for generating sales of research products and services for existing and prospective key Pharmaceutical & Biotech customers in Denmark & South Sweden. Main accounts are currently located around the Copenhagen area. You will develop business forward, lead key strategic projects and coordinate all customer support functions. You will be in charge of sales activities to ensure these are provided with a high level of customer support. You will initiate customer contact, coordinate visits, develop and maintain a broad and deep customer network at all levels with prospective customers while maintaining and strengthening relationships with existing ones. Define and execute strategic & tactical account plans. Negotiate pricing and manage detailed contracts & agreements with customers. Manage customer quality, regulatory and technical queries in a timely manner.
Who you are
- University degree (preferably Chemistry / Molecular Biology), preference for postgraduate business qualifications.
- The ideal candidate will have proven sales experience or a strong background in pharmaceutical/biotech research
- 3+ years of directly related experience
- Fluent in Danish and English.
- You are preferably located close to Copenhagen
- You will be home-based with the option to work from the Merck office in Søborg
What we offer: We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!