A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your role: As a Sourcing Manager “Chemicals/Contract Manufacturing” you are part of our company’s global Group Procurement organization. Dedicated to the business unit Surface Solutions, you manage the 3rd party spend for selected Chemical categories in and outside of Germany. Furthermore, you are responsible for the global contract manufacturing sourcing of Surface Solutions and will drive the development of the categories by executing category strategies and by developing the external Contract Manufacturing Network. You are working in close collaboration with internal stakeholders and follow Group Procurement’s strategies. Additionally, you drive supplier management activities such as negotiations and contracting, supplier qualifications, accompany supplier audits, conduct supplier business reviews and evaluations.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree minimum in Business Administration, Economics or equivalent /Master’s degree
- 5+ years working experience in strategic / operational procurement / with supplier interaction
- Ideally you have worked in the contract manufacturing environment of the chemical industry and have knowledge in raw material sourcing
- Proven project management skills in procurement with global scope and impact
- Fluent English skills written and spoken
- Travel requirement: 20-30% focused on Europe
What we offer: We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!