A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your role: As a Sourcing Manager “Chemicals/Contract Manufacturing” you are accountable for managing the 3rd party spend for selected Chemicals categories in Europe (Sites: Gernsheim in Germany/Mollet in Spain). Also you are accountable for global Contract Manufacturing for the business unit Surface Solutions within the business sector Performance Materials. You work within the Category Network and report to the "Head of Chemicals Sourcing". You drive the development of the Chemical categories by executing global category strategies and by developing the external Contract Manufacturing Sourcing. The alignment with internal stakeholders' strategies and demand ensures leveraging the supply market for best potential outcome for our company. In your role, you will drive supplier management activities in the sourcing process such as negotiations and contracting, supplier qualification, accompany supplier audits, conduct supplier business reviews and evaluations.
Who you are:
- Expert knowledge on raw material sourcing markets (esp. Chemicals) in the relevant industries and on Contract Manufacturing
- Ability to successfully manage sourcing and manufacturing projects with global scope and impact
- Minimum 5 years of experience in respective industry
- Bachelor’s degree minimum in Business Administration, Economics or equivalent /Master’s degree, MBA are a plus
- Fluent English skills, Spanish skills of advantage
- Travel requirement: 20-30% of time
What we offer: We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!