A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: We are seeking a Device Development Engineer to work within MilliporeSigma Process Solutions Filtration R&D. This individual will apply solid mechanical engineering principles to conceptualize and design prototypes in a collaborative environment, develop and scale up assembly processes, and transfer products to manufacturing. The individual is expected to contribute to product and manufacturing process validation of these products for use in Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology industries.
Who You Are:
- Must have a B.Sc. in mechanical engineering or equivalent with more than 7 years of experience, or MS with more than 5 years of experience, or PhD with more than 3 years of industrial experience in a related technical area.
- Must be proficient in 3D CAD software (Creo, Solidworks, etc.)
- Must be able to work collaboratively within a team including Manufacturing, Quality, and Procurement functions through development and validation phases to support a successful product launch.
- The individual must have a proven track record as a hands-on problem solver with a high level of mechanical aptitude.
- Must have strong fundamental understanding of mechanical engineering principles and material properties.
- Experience designing injection molded parts, manufacturing equipment, and test fixtures highly desirable.
- Must have a sense of urgency and unwavering resolve to meet project timelines.
- Experience developing, optimizing, and validating processes through structured DOE and process modeling highly desirable.
- Ability to read equipment pneumatic and electrical schematics, understand PLC code, and develop/modify prototype equipment highly desirable.
- Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally as needed.
- Knowledge of filtration products, processes and applications would be very helpful.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.