A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
As a Scientist 1 within Virology you will be you will be responsible for providing scientific support in the conduct of routine and complex GLP or GMP studies performed within a contract testing laboratory. You will be acting as Study Director or Responsible Scientist, as appropriate, on studies, assisting in the performance of laboratory procedures, providing scientific support to laboratory staff and external clients for whom the work is being performed. The post holder will be required to maintain study records, including deviation records, to meet regulatory standards.
Duties will include:
- Overall responsibility for the scientific conduct of the study
- Actively work in laboratory areas to provide hands-on guidance and mentorship to laboratory based employees whilst ensuring client studies are completed on time and carried out to appropriate scientific and regulatory standards
- Design and conduct work pertaining to client studies and investigations
- Prepare documents related to studies and investigations, such as SOP, technical reports, summaries, protocols, etc.
- Liaise with Commercial Operations, Development Services and Program Management to provide technical support for ongoing and upcoming projects, as required.
- Participate in external and internal client conference calls, meetings and audits
- Perform studies in alignment with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and all documentation to GMP/GLP standards
- Perform raw data peer review to ensure accuracy and support Right First Time (RFT).
Who you are:
- You will ideally have prior knowledge and experience working to GLP and / or GMP in a similar working environment.
- You are strongly focused on quality and safety
- You have strong planning and organisational skills
- You have good communication and interpersonal skills
- You are self motivated with strong initiative and drive
- You have a good standard of written and spoken English and are computer literate, ideally with prior knowledge of working with LIMS.
- You have an HND or higher in a Biological Science discipline with at least 3 years proven work experience in a similar environment.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at