A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Who we are:
EMD Serono is the North American biopharma brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany - a leading science and technology company - focused exclusively on specialty care. For more than 40 years, the brand has integrated cutting-edge science, innovative products and industry-leading patient support and access programs. EMD Serono has deep expertise in neurology, fertility and endocrinology, as well as a robust pipeline of potential therapies in oncology, immuno-oncology and immunology as R&D focus areas.
EMD Serono is seeking to expand its salesforce in anticipation of a potential product launch in MS.
The Area Business Director (ABD) is directly responsible for the management and profitability of the area business unit and its Key Account Managers (KAMs) through effective implementation of objectives, strategies and tactics. This position participates as a key member of a high performing team including Marketing, Thought Leader Liaisons, MS LifeLines, Market Access & Customer Solutions, and Communications to achieve the goals and objectives of individuals and the team.
- Hire and develop each KAM to achieve his/her maximum individual potential, resulting in the achievement of key results such as an increased prescriber base of physicians, prescription growth, unit growth, and market share advancement of Neurology products.
- Achievement of Area quarterly and annual sales objectives through implementation of company and N&I US sales direction.
- Develop Area Business Plans which incorporate overall strategy of the business unit. Lead effective execution of corporate objectives, strategies, and tactics with Rebif.
- Manage and promote a high degree of account team coordination and execution with KAMs.
- Lead of the critical charge to ensure the understanding and implementation of the company direction at the Area and territory levels.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key physician practices, hospitals/clinics, and patient advocacy organizations.
- Ensure compliance with all Company, industry and government laws or guidelines regarding ethical standards.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Masters degree desirable but not required.
- High science or business orientation.
- Minimum 7 years experience in the pharmaceutical/ healthcare industry with demonstration of successful results.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience managing sales force, preferably in specialty sales.
- Experience in the Multiple Sclerosis, Neurology, CNS and specialty biologics markets highly desirable.
- Strong expertise in managed care knowledge highly desirable.
- Understanding of local market conditions
- Ability to quickly grasp and implement business objectives and guide resource allocation
- Excellent at creating and leading a high-performance team
- Strong analytical skills to understand and adjust to trends and market dynamics
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Able to travel up to 80%, may vary based on location.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.