A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
As a key team member of the Global Business Franchise Neurology & Immunology, the Franchise Project Manager is accountable to:
- Actively manage multiple GBF projects as Project Manager
- Provide the global cross-functional team with project management and assist project team members in fulfilling their tasks efficiently
- Establish and maintain a project plan (with meaningful timelines and check points, logical links between activities, internal/external resources, and assumptions) that depicts the activities in line with the approved global strategy and the input from the respective line functions
- The role would be split 75:25 between Pipeline assets and Marketed brands. There would some common workstreams across marketed and pipeline workstreams such as medical conferences (e.g. ECTRIMS), other external facing events (e.g. World MS Day) and internal planning processes such as annual long term strategy development process (SD)
- Within the pipeline the role would involve (75%):
- Managing workstreams related to ongoing commercial assessments, scientific communication, etc
- Would require close coordination with cross functional stakeholders in GSI, GMAP, GMA, R&D, Portfolio management
- Within the marketed brands, the role would involve (25%):
- Supporting project management during Brand Planning
- Would require close coordination with stakeholders in GSI, GMAP, GMA and Regional/Country organizations
- The role requires hands on involvement to support GBF asset leads to prepare for internal and external presentations
- Track and forecast tasks, budget (in collaboration with project controlling) and project timelines and provide team with early warnings on possible variances.
- Schedule project team meetings and develop meeting agendas. Lead project team meetings for routine operations, take minutes and ensure follow-up of action items from the minutes.
- Prepare presentations as needed
- Communicate significant variances to the respective governance bodies and work with GBF to develop mitigation/Acceleration plans
- Organize efficient information flow within the GBF, which can be spread across different functional sub-teams.
- Ensure alignment with other initiatives within Functional Sub-teams/areas
- Create transparency on pipeline budgets for the franchise
- Bachelor’s or Masters' degree (preferred) in a scientific discipline and/or in economics with significant previous experience in the life sciences industry (including consulting)
- Highly developed written and verbal communications skills in English
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience within in the pharmaceutical industry or consulting companies working in healthcare
- Previous working experience in cross-functional and international teams
- Cross-functional knowledge of the Drug Development Process and Launch success factors a definite plus
- Experience of working in Multiple Sclerosis is desirable
- Knowledge of and /or experience in project management is desirable
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
- Excellent interpersonal skills in a multi-cultural environment
- Clear leadership skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication (verbal, written & presentation) and influencing skills
- Facilitation skills
- Intermediate-to-advanced level of skill in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Normal and routine office duties
- Position requires both domestic and international travel up to 20% of time
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.