A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Reporting to the Head of Warehousing & Transportation, you will be responsible for managing all facets of MilliporeSigma’s West Coast Regional Distribution Operations. The position will be based in Visalia California.
- Direct, coordinate and plan the warehouse storage and distribution of products and materials for multiple warehouses within the Region.
- Management of staff responsible for various distribution functions, including shipping (pick/pack/ship); receiving; inventory control, storage, import/export; warehouse equipment maintenance; materials management; project management; analysis and budgeting.
- Oversee and manage operations of finished goods and raw materials within our Distribution Centers in the West Coast Region using demonstrated leadership with ability to engage and motivate others to form high performing work teams.
- Interface cross-functionally at all levels within the divisions of the company, including communication with offshore/subsidiary management, external resources, such as freight forwarders, third party providers and governmental agencies.
- Ensure compliance to US Export /Import Regulations and perform strategic analytical projects consisting of network analysis, warehouse engineering and impact analytics relative to environment changes or constraints.
Who you are:
- BA/BS Degree in Engineering, SCM, Distribution and Logistics Operations, or related degree MBA/MS is preferred
- 10+ years relevant Distribution and Transportation experience in a regulated global manufacturing environment, preferably in the medical device or a technology focused industry.
- Exceptional leadership skills demonstrated by the ability to take calculated risks, lead and motivate a diverse organization while building a team that is collaborative and results oriented.
- Experience in Oracle/SAP preferable; Business Objects; Oracle/SAP Warehouse Management Systems or strong knowledge of WMS systems preferred.
- Working knowledge of refrigerated and frozen commodities, hazardous and regulated products is desirable.
- Willing to travel approximately 30% domestic and internationally.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.