A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your role :
You are the principal financial advisor and partner to the Marketing and R&D leads for the BioMonitoring product portfolio. You provide financial decision support on a wide scope of operational and strategic matters impacting the achievement of the Business objectives. You will manage all areas of financial support, including but not limited to financial reporting and forecasting, financial analysis for the Marketing and R&D teams and resource allocation.
Moreover you support in the budgeting process and prepare analysis and presentations needed for the Business Partners and Controlling.
You interact effectively within a matrix organization and maintain effective lateral communication and coordination across groups to improve efficiency and achieve desired results.
Further, you proactively identify and communicate areas of financial improvement. In addition, you liaise with Merck Controlling counterparts to capture best practices, align on standards and harmonize global processes and approaches.
You will be managing one senior controller.
Who you are :
- Degree in finance or equivalent with at least 5 years relevant budgeting and financial planning experience.
- Strong understanding and application of financial principles, concepts, practices and standards.
- Excellent communication skills in English is mandatory
- Experience working in a highly matrixed, cross-functional and international environment
- Interaction with global colleagues & business partners will require occasional international travels
- Proficiency as an end user of IBM TM1, Business Objects Web Intelligence, SAP BW and/or Scala ERP is a strong asset; Experience in SAP ERP a plus
What we offer: We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!