A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This posting is a field-based technical sales specialist position within Research Pharma/Biotech market segment. This role acts as a strategic partner and conduit between Research Pharma/Biotech sales, liaising between the two organizations Applied and Research Business Division and related stakeholders. Will also work in partnership with Commercial Marketing to launch sales campaigns to the field.
- Provide technical selling support for the innovative life science workflows for Research Pharma/Biotech field and inside Account Manager Sales Team. Example workflows include Gene Editing, Protein Workflow, ADMETox and Cell Culture.
- Deliver in-field training at regional sales meetings, based on schedule and topics identified in collaboration with sales leadership.
- Help drive technical development with in-field training of Research Pharma/Biotech sales and coordination of customer collaboration projects.
- Support Research Pharma/Biotech sales in identifying, developing and closing high-value opportunities to achieve/exceed sales targets.
- Plays a key role in enhancing differentiation of products and services on scientific, technical, and competitive principles.
- Work with Sales and the Customer Education Team to provide feedback on existing seminars, including assessments of effectiveness and potential for improvement
- Facilitate and support the development of new seminars content.
- Participate in the processes to identify new seminars topics, develop and critique content for selected new seminars, and finalize supporting materials for seminars, in collaboration with Customer Education Team, Sales, Marketing, and R&D teams as appropriate.
- Work in coordination with Sales to provide effective technical sales support to the Research Pharma/Biotech sales team.
- Ability to build scientific credibility with customers, the commercial organization, and marketing.
- Rapidly acquire technical knowledge of MilliporeSigma innovations and position them into workflows and technical selling.
- Act as customer advocate internally through enhancing the information available to the Research Pharma Commercial Organization, Commercial Marketing and other stakeholders related to customer feedback, competitive intelligence, market trends, the effectiveness of marketing positioning and tactics in the field.
- Actively participate in the new product development process by validating market/customer requirements through providing the voice of the customer to drive adoption of new products and applications via alpha and beta trials, product launches, product portfolio planning and short and long-term segment strategy activities.
- Engage and cultivate relationships with relevant scientific thought leaders and networks and pursue/manage customer collaborations.
- In coordination with Commercial Marketing, accountable for creating and executing regional tactical plans supporting Research Pharma/Biotech sales including the development of local sales tools as needed.
- Actively incorporate lead generation activities for Research Pharma/Biotech markets providing a stream of qualified leads.
- Support relevant conferences, and tradeshows through attendance, customer interaction, speaking engagements.
Who you are:
- BS degree with 8+ years’ experience, MS degree with 3+ years’ experience, or PhD
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biological Science with relevant laboratory experience is strongly desired.
- An advanced degree is preferred.
- Prior experience as an Application Scientist, Technical Support or Technical Sales is preferred.
- Demonstrates the ability to present technical, customer-facing seminars on scientific research topics and products.
- Ability to troubleshoot and optimize protocols.
- Ability to develop solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of innovation and collaboration.
- Demonstrates the ability to implement and execute successful plans of action that balance activities with customer needs, sales needs, and divisional needs.
- Approximately 30-40% overnight travel.
- Must live within the territory. No relocation packages are available.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.