A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Lab Americas Sales Organization of MilliporeSigma is seeking an Account Manager to support the growth strategy of the division An Account Manager is responsible for establishing and growing customer accounts. The ideal candidate is results oriented, passionate about what they do, works with a sense of urgency, stays focused, and works well on a team. The territory is located within Minnesota. The academic accounts include: University of Minnesota and Mayo Clinic.
The ideal Academic Research Account Manager will live in Minnesota.
- Travels as required to meet the sales objectives
- Consistently achieve sales targets established by the Sales Manager.
- Submission of accurate quarterly forecasts and forecast updates as requested on a timely basis.
- Efficiently manage territory through planned coverage and interaction with key accounts, thought leaders, and end users.
- Maintain a high level of technical and application competence and utilize this knowledge in a manner which will enable him/her to add value to our products and services, to promote and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Maintain effective and professional communication in the field and with internal contacts in the Corporation.
- Schedule and execute seminars, shows, blitzes, and pricing promotions within the defined territory.
- Manage the overall distribution relationship within your territory to include - but not limited to - account POA’s (Plan of Action), business reviews, and training.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences or related field; Demonstrated experience in meeting/exceeding sales targets preferably with business-to-business sales experience. Ideal candidate with 2 years or greater sales experience.
- Demonstrated experience in preparing and implementing tactical business plans at territory level and account level.
- Demonstrated capability of establishing relationships at all appropriate account levels to close the sales process.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate information appropriate to the level of the audience.
- Relevant business acumen to the Life Science and Chemistry market.
- Demonstrated ability with Excel, Microsoft Office software, Sales Force or other CRM in a business environment.
- Knowledge of varying supply chain procurement processes and or options.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrixed organization inspiring teamwork to achieve results.
- Sales competency which includes selling skills, relationship building, call planning, territory development, follow-up and closing skills.
- Technical competency demonstrated in product knowledge, product application and product positioning for Chemistry, Cell Biology, Molecular Bio and Protein Research.
- Sound judgment and problem solving competency in handling distribution, product issues, sales issues and customer issues.
- Demonstration of good presentation skills as related to distributor training, strategy meeting and POAs (plan of action).
- Good time management skills in implementing and executing successful plans of action that balance your sales activities with customer needs, distribution needs, purchasing agent needs, account development, interdivisional activities as well as Area/Divisional needs
- Masters or PhD degree with laboratory experience preferred
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.