A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: This position will support the development of pricing strategies and tactics by providing analysis. You will review the competitive landscape and adjust prices based on data driven models and strategic/tactical goals to maximize profits and identify sources of relevant information and utilize that information to answer complex pricing issues. This work environment is challenging and fast paced. You will be working with a diverse team that is globally dispersed. Strong communication and analytical skills are a must.
Specific job tasks include (but not limited to):
- Perform analysis and make recommendation of price changes to support strategic and tactical plans globally, partnering with Global Marketing leads and Commerial representatives.
- Analyze profitability across products, accounts and countries and make recommendations or adjustments accordingly.
- Analyze and understand the competitive environment, product positioning and sales productivity and discounting to recommend pricing adjustments.
- Seek out and determine missing / wrong prices within the business systems and price or fix appropriately. Ensure pricing quality and integrity.
- Review internal pricing relationships and make adjustments as necessary.
- Provide dashboard, trend and other Adhoc reports, files and analysis for pricing purposes.
- Support corporate and departmental scorecards.
- Support and resolve questions on list pricing related issues such as low margin adjustments, list price checks and any other list price specific issues.
- Answer routine questions for pricing related programs and systems.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Math/Statistics or Science
- 2+ years of experience developing pricing strategies and analytics
- MBA or equivalent work experience is desirable.
- Strong data analytics capabilities using various applications and program languages to mine, analyze, structure, cleanse and report data. Examples of tools (but not limited to) are Excel, Access, Visual Basic, SQL, Python, Tableau, Palantir.
- Experience working in global, partially remote teams preferred
- Experience working in or closely with marketing or commercial area
- Systems implementation, integration work or similar change management experience desirable
- Strong analytical mindset and good understanding of pricing concepts.
- Basic understanding of systems landscape: ERPs, CRMs, BI, BOBJ, Vendavo and/or PROS
- Intelligent to resolve problems in a timely manner; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations..
- Good interpersonal and communication skills as role interfaces with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit
- Fluent in English, German would be a plus but not a must have
- Ability to work with many cultures as stakeholders are globally dispersed
- Ability to pull together complex or diverse sets of information across the organization and form into actionable data.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently
- Participates with data driven analysis and metrics in projects and meetings. Presents data effectively.
- Travel requirements (estimate: <5%)
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.