A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: The purpose of this position is to maintain and install equipment, facilities, and utility systems. This is a multi-skilled position that is capable of completing work orders that cross over traditional disciplines.
3rd Shift - Monday - Friday, 11:00 pm - 7:30 am
Payrate: $21.00 - $25.00 per hour
Essential Job Functions
- Corrective and Preventive Maintenance of equipment, facilities, utility systems
- Independently complete assigned work orders
- Participation in the call-in program
- Successful completion of required training curriculum
- Miscellaneous duties and tasks as assigned
- Exemplary attendance and adherence to schedule
- Lockout Tag out trained
- Contributes to department goals
- Shows dignity and respect while performing duties
- Identifies unsafe work conditions and reports them
- Must be able to follow all safety rules and regulations
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, experience in applicable field. Trade School degree desired.
- Minimum of 3 years of related maintenance experience.
- Mechanical, electrical, or refrigeration experience required.
- Ability to work independently on P.M. tasks
- Basic math, English grammar, reading comprehension
- Excellent organizational skills and 5S skills and follows good documentation practices
- Express ideas for process improvement
- Proficient in use of Management of Change Process knowledge
- Must have a valid driver’s license for work related travel
- Required work related travel
- Required to be available for weekend and holiday on-call and after hours duty.
- Must be able to work independently on a variety of shifts
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.