A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role will be responsible for all analytics (including advanced analytics) and performance reporting for N&I Franchise. This role will also be responsible for supporting Neurology Situation Room (NSR) and potential advanced analytics projects associated with it. The ideal candidate will have experience with commercial analytics, third party databases such as IMS, forecasting, and integration of primary and secondary market research with other data sources. This role will support (20% time) in designing and executing primary market research, coordinating some competitive intelligence requirements, and actively contributing to strategic discussions to optimize pipeline opportunities. He or she will deploy methodologies and advanced analytic tools and capabilities which reflect best practices, and ultimately will ensure that customer insight informs the product development process.
- Reports to and partners with the head of the N&I Global Strategic Insights (GSI Senior Insights Lead) to ensure internal business partner expectations are met or exceeded
- Analyze, integrate and interpret results from Analytics, CI, secondary and primary market research, prepare meaningful, timely reporting for senior management, and ensure information is communicated clearly and effectively to all key stakeholders (global, regional and country levels).
- Identify, evaluate and lead all analytics projects across N&I franchise.
- Responsible for all GSI reporting including HEC and LSC reports.
- Ad-hoc support with primary market research, both qualitative and quantitative, to support business decisions for N&I inline and pipeline assets
- Develop, execute advanced analytics projects including predictive analytics where possible.
- Ensure compliance with internal process and policies regarding the development and approval of market research methods and materials
- Monitor and ensure appropriate level of rigor is applied in GSI activity depending on business needs and the decision to be made
- Brief multiple stakeholders, colleagues and managers so they can effectively communicate the assumptions and implications of data analyses and MR insights
- Provide analytical input into the design of forecast models, and in the interpretation of revenue forecasts, and associated risks and opportunities, including sensitivity and/or alternate scenarios
- Represent GSI in cross-company projects with broad strategic or tactical objectives
- Support the implementation of functional excellence and standards across all GSI activities within the company.
- Help the company maintain pace with current industry best practices for quality business analysis
Who You Are:
- Degree level education preferably in science or equivalent experience. Post-graduate degree strongly preferred (MA, MS, MBA, PhD).
- 6-8 years of relevant competitive intelligence and commercial analytics experience.
- Strong strategic skills including ability to see the big picture, conceptual/out of the box thinking, proven senior management presence and exceptional communication skills are a must.
- Broad experience in other key functional areas of CI, analytics and forecasting including the ability to understand and identify key business levers
- Expert knowledge of classic industry secondary data sources.
- Understanding of marketing/commercial and key financial levers within the pharmaceutical environment a must.
- Global experience strongly preferred
- Expert level Powerpoint and Excel skills required to effectively showcase how market research results tell a story and inform decisions and to understand forecasting models and manipulate performance reporting tools
- Ability to lead a cross-functional discussion in an organized and tactful manner, systematically using supporting information and logic, by building and defending cogent arguments; ability to guide the group to a consensus of opinion
- Familiarity with key global market and technology trends in the pharmaceutical industry is required
- Experience with in-licensing and acquisitions, opportunity prioritization exercises and portfolio reviews is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to effectively influence senior members within and/or across functional teams through superior analysis and reasoned solutions.
- Demonstrated competencies required in the following areas: collaboration, organization, written and verbal communication, accuracy, and personal initiative.
- Other requirements include concise and impactful written and verbal communications; first-hand experience working on and influencing multi-functional teams; and the ability to provide leadership across multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to balance conflicting priorities.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com