A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role : The Immunoassay Platform Specialist (IPS) will be responsible for capital equipment sales and associated reagents including multiplexed and ultra high sensitivity protein expression profiling instrumentation and kits. The IPS is responsible for developing focused strategies and tactics for meeting revenue goals and increasing general awareness of Millipore Sigma within key accounts, as well as throughout their overall territory. The IPS duties will be oriented to products requiring highly technical demonstrations in customer's laboratory. The product demonstration objectives are to effectively match our product capabilities to the client's needs and remove competitive obstacles to solidify business for the company. The Immunoassay Platform Specialist is responsible for all logistics associated with completing a successful demo and sale.
Incumbent is responsible for all aspects related to sales including but not limited to: prospecting, qualifying leads, quoting, demonstrating equipment, maintaining a database, closing orders, as well as ensuring that the territory exceeds its quarterly and annual system sales objectives. The IPS will manage high-level technical discussions with key customers to ensure understanding and adoption of MilliporeSigma products and services within the IPS' areas of responsibility. The individual must be able to communicate complex scientific concepts in a concise and effective manner, especially when speaking publicly (often through technical seminars). The IPS must also develop and manage customer relationships at a variety of levels within an organization to ensure awareness and adoption of all MilliporeSigma products and services.
The IPS will also be required to work in partnership with their Account Manager teammates to ensure that Immunoassay opportunities at key accounts are being recognized and managed appropriately in a team sales approach. Likewise, the Account Managers will be required to support the efforts of the IPS in key accounts.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent qualification, or higher degree in a biological-basedscience, MS preferred.
- 2+ years proven track record of meeting/exceeding sales targets.
- Willingness to travel extensively domestically and internationally to accomplish assigned
- objectives (25% or greater)
- Valid Passport
- Experience in delivering effective technical presentations to scientific researchers
- Demonstrated interpersonal and persuasive communication skills
- Demonstrated experience and success in preparing and implementing strategic business plans at a major account level.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate information at the appropriate level of the audience.
- Must have strong, problem solving and computer skills.
- Demonstrated ability with Microsoft Office software in a business environment. Familiarity with CRM systems.
- Strong desire to succeed and ability to execute on multiple tasks or projects.
- 5+ years in a major account management role within a Life Sciences Company.
- Experience with Flow Cytometry, Multiplex applications
- Experience selling instrumentation
- Proven business/sales development track record calling at a progressively responsible level, including senior executives.
- Demonstrated network of established relationships at the senior/executive management level within at least one of MilliporeSigma's market segments.
- Preference given to candidates with business-to-business sales experience.
- Experience in pharmaceutical products in a regulated environment. Preference given to candidates with proven FDA regulated market knowledge or ISO related experience..
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.