A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
MilliporeSigma is the North American life science business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and is currently recruiting for a seasoned, highly skilled, SaaS Sales Representative superstar to sell our Connected Lab platform to Life Science markets. This postion will be remote.
Your Role: As part of our digital business venture, you will have the opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial and start-up-like environment to increase revenues of our cloud-based business and be one of the initial SaaS Sales Representatives in a company entering high growth mode. The successful applicant will be a collaborative go-getter with the aptitude to grow our customer base and create scalable volume business. This includes understanding customers and their needs to be able to identify the relevant product(s) to address their requirements. Your ability to influence the decision makers will be paramount to the customer selecting our product suite over staying in the analog nirvana or competitive solutions.
The ideal candidate has an upbeat, tenacious, and competitive style with intellectual curiosity and passion for digital transformation, data analytics, science, client relationships, and learning how to influence through consultation. This position will need to interact with Scientists, Lab Managers, Principle Investigators, Board level executives and the entire C-Suite and influencing stakeholders such as Procurement.
If you are capable of being part of a dramatic and rapidly changing data integration landscape, then join us!
- Meet monthly recurring/annual revenue and penetration goals
- Convert leads to new business opportunities to maximize deal flow
- Be able to shorten the sales cycle by knowing how to close
- Prospecting for new business, closing new business and working to on-board new clients
- Management of sales forecasting, prospecting activities and pipeline management
- Develop comprehensive understanding of the products and its functionality, and be able to demo it
- Collaborate across teams to leverage all angles to generate and convert leads
Who You Are:
- BS degree with 8+ years’ experience, MS degree with 3+ years’ experience, or PHD
- MBA a plus
- Experience selling SaaS/Enterprise/Cloud based products
- Must have experience selling into life science markets, products and services related to inventory management, data analytics and information systems strongly preferred
- Consistent track record of achieving and exceeding sales quotas
- Exhibit a strong business acumen for uncovering, evaluating, growing and closing sales opportunities within a dynamic and extremely time sensitive SaaS environment
- Excellent written, oral, communication and interpersonal skills
- Stakeholder Management, Negotiation & Communication Skills
- Experience with Salesforce.com or other CRM software
- Flexible and willing to travel domestically up to 50%
- Experience in a startup environment preferred
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.