A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This position provides ongoing administrative support to New Products Planning & Portfolio Strategy team (in US & DA). The individual in this position will proactively plan for and execute on all of the assigned managers’ administrative needs, providing the highest quality of administrative and project management support for their team with the utmost professionalism and highest customer service, engagement and confidentiality, thereby becoming a trusted member of the function as well as the broader organization.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Coordinate travel arrangements, both international and domestic, and process expense reports, support conference registrations/bookings, for NPP team
- Generate POs and accrual process in coordination with team and finance point and analyze budget requests and provide budget recommendations to NPP team lead
- Support management of Quantum system basics for INA/ANA process for consulting agreements (with support from NPP team)
- Manage submission of internal materials for PMSR review with team support
- Work closely with other functions to ensure the department has what it needs to operate at the highest level of efficiency (i.e., inter-faces with Facilities to manage space, IS for fully functioning and up to date technology and equipment).
- Independently provide complex administrative support and project coordination showing a high level of appropriately independent decision making in order to drive high level team functioning
- Schedule meetings with internal and external groups as needed, including organizing all meeting logistics such as availability for attendees, meeting rooms and equipment and online conferencing
- Order all office supplies and maintain supply closet
- Support other duties as assigned / needs arise.
Who you are:
- Professional and pleasant demeanor
- High customer service mentality
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications skills
- Ability to multitask and to be flexible to work assignments
- Ability to use critical thinking as well as intricate knowledge of the operation of the function to independently set priorities
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail and follow-through a must
- Must be able to travel locally and globally for up to a week at a time
- Must be able to be flexible with work schedule in order to accommodate the varying volume of work and requests
- Overtime may be required
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.