A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
As part of our new digital business venture, you will have the opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial and start-up-like environment to grow our
cloud-based platform. The SDR is a dynamic early career sales role and an opportunity to be one of the initial SDR's in a company entering high growth mode. The Sales Development Representative will be responsible for determining potential opportunities for new business, and can rapidly qualify, convert, and assign those opportunities. The ideal candidate has an upbeat, tenacious, and competitive style with intellectual curiosity and passion for digital transformation, data analytics, client relationships, and learning how to influence through consultation.
- Cultivate quality opportunities on a weekly and monthly basis through prospect relationship building & exploratory problem-solving
- Document daily account outreach, communications, and next step activities in CRM and other systems as needed
- Speak intelligently about our products and services, and schedule qualified, confirmed meetings
- Build new methods for attracting clients
- Meet or exceed monthly goals to maximize deal flow
- Covert leads to new business opportunities
Who You Are:
- BS degree in the Life Sciences: Biology/Chemistry with 1+ years relevant experience.
- MBA is a plus
- Experience in SaaS/Enterprise/Cloud based products, familiarity with software products in life science environments a plus
- Excellent written, oral, communication and interpersonal skills
- Stakeholder Management, Negotiation & Communication Skills
- Experience with Salesforce.com or other CRM software
- Strong knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Flexible and willing to travel domestically up to 20%
- Experience in a startup environment preferred
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.