A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: The Associate Scientist I (ASI) and Associate II Scientist I (ASII) will perform characterization testing required for the manufacture of clinical and commercial products. The ASI and AS II are required to make scientific observations, maintain detailed workbooks/documentation and ensure all documentation fulfills generally accepted professional/industry standards. Additionally, they are required to maintain a thorough understanding of Product Characterization, technical principles and applications.
Essential job functions included, but are not limited to the following:
• Conducts assigned testing with minimal supervision
• Performs testing in accordance with SOPs and regulations (cGMP and GLP)
• Maintains complete and comprehensive records for study integrity
• Operates and maintains lab equipment as required by SOPs and testing procedures
• Performs peer review of assay lab records to ensure Right First Time (RFT)
• Utilizes applicable computer programs during testing and routine tasks (i.e. Word, Excel, Oracle, LIMS, BRIQS, etc.)
• Utilizes problem solving/ trouble shooting skills
• Informs Study Management of deviations or factors that may affect quality and accuracy of data
• Maintains a working knowledge of lab procedures and assays
• Assists with revisions to SOPs, lab records and other documentation
• Complies with company health and safety regulations and procedures
• Performs other duties as assigned
Who You Are:
- Bachelor degree in scientific discipline with 0-3 years’ experience
- Experience with relevant laboratory practices, techniques, equipment, materials and mathematical calculations.
- Basic skills in applicable computer programs
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Works well in a team based environment
- Action oriented, self-motivated, and highly-organized with a high level drive for results and perseverance while acting in a professional and positive manner at all times with minimal direction
- Ability to travel ~ 10%
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.