A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: The Associate Scientist I and Associate Scientist II conducts pre-designed assays, make scientific observations, maintain detailed workbooks and ensure all documentation fulfills generally accepted professional/industry standards. The Rockville, MD location performs a wide variety of assays or tests required to characterize product or material safety.
Who You Are:
An individual able to follow the SOPs, protocols and relevant compliance regulations in regards to safety procedures, documentation, and scientific responsibility and maintain an understanding of technological principles and applications of the organization’s services; independently analyze data, interpret results and advise the supervisor and study director of any factors that may affect quality and usefulness of data.
- MA/MS in scientific discipline with no experience
- BA/BS in scientific discipline with 0-3 years of experience
- AA degree in scientific discipline with 4-6 years of experience / equivalent scientific experience
- Working knowledge of a research laboratory
- Experience in performing a variety of assays including, but not limited to seeding cells, dosing, and harvest
- Ability to analyze data and interpret results
- Independently conducts assigned test procedures within constraints of lab scheduling
- Contributes ideas and suggestions to improve standard laboratory techniques, protocols, processes and equipment
- Maintains thorough records as well as peer review of assay batch records
- Assists in training new staff members in performance of routine lab tasks
- Uses and maintain scientific equipment, instrumentation and computer systems
- Demonstrate consistently good communication and interpersonal skills with employees, management and clients (where applicable)
- Maintains good sterile, cell and/or tissue culture techniques
- Exercises judgment and determines appropriate action of known factors that may affect the conduct of the assay
- Other duties as assigned
- Pre-employment physical required
- Use of a respirator (where applicable)
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.