A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Head of Controlling, MilliporeSigma Quality / Operations / CapEx manages the financials related to Quality (Regulatory and Governance), Manufacturing Support functions (Strategy; Operational Excellence; Ops Management) and coordinates the Life Science Capital Expenditure approval and reporting processes. Leads the consolidated reporting for the Integrated Supply Chain Operations organization, including forecast and actual reporting, and is the financial business partner to both the Head of MilliporeSigma Science Quality and the Head of Operations Strategy in charge of:
- In charge of the management reporting process to provide a consolidated Millipore Sigma Quality / Operations / CapEx view to the leaders’ team, with timely reports on business performance and related business insights. Reports in a manner that meets Quality and ISC Operations information needs / corporate standard, while meeting standards for process, timing, and format.
- Manages all financial matters that support achievement of strategic and operational objectives; more specifically:
- Monitors the business trends and providing analysis and recommendations
- Manages financial planning process for Millipore Sigma Quality / Operations / CapEx.
- Appropriately balances operations and business perspectives in developing forecasts, and provides transparency into business drivers, risks and opportunities. Balanced approach under the pressure of managing multiple priorities as well as communicating a clear finance strategy to the team.
- Provides relevant data, analysis, and fact-based recommendations to the Quality and ISC Operations leaders’ team.
- Prepares additional complex ad hoc analyses as required and presenting recommendations to senior management. Provides Management organization with all necessary consolidated information in a timely and accurate manner.
- Develops and documents standard financial processes, with a focus on implementing common financial processes and practices globally across the company. Through process improvement and organizational design, improve the efficiency of the finance function and improve finance integrity.
- Works and manages effectively across the company’s matrixed organization. Promotes effective lateral communication and coordination across groups to improve efficiency and achieve desired results.
Who You Are:
- > 10 year experience with demonstrated success in a variety of business environments and management positions. Outstanding financial analysis skills.
- Strong business analysis, financial planning and reporting skills that generate business insights that add measurable value. Current knowledge of current trends in finance and functional best-practices.
- Must be capable of collecting, assimilating and synthesizing relevant business/operating information and data to develop fact based recommendations and support business decision making.
- Ability to initiate, lead and deliver change in implementing process improvements and cost savings initiatives. Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a matrixed environment, and capable of gaining commitment and coordinated action for initiatives: Excellent written and oral communication skills (in English).
- Excellent workload prioritization, project management and resource management skills.
- Management and interpersonal skills. Ability to manage a virtual team.
- Solid problem solving skills.
- Experience in pharmaceutical and/or Life Science production
- Excellent communication skills, able to deal with different stakeholders.
- Technology savvy with exposure to a variety of IT related process re-engineering initiatives (SAP and Oracle knowledge is a “plus”).
- Strong project management capabilities.
- Proven track record to work in an international environment.
- Able to represent and develop company values.
- Manages 2 direct reports
- Travel requirements: 20%
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.