A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: MilliporeSigma’s Strategic Intelligence team of information experts investigates the external competitive environment, monitor trends and key developments, and deliver data and insights to inform strategic decision-making. This role supports our Life Science executive team in making business-critical decisions. This is a joint role that is 50% Global Strategy and 50% Competitive Intelligence.
- Driving and supporting the development of global strategy at the Life Science level
- Conducting in-depth primary and secondary research, assessing business implications for us, and developing recommendations to senior leaders and business partners to drive business-critical decisions
- Serving as the go-to subject matter expert for assigned topics: i.e., identify and stay on top of key trends/developments
- Developing clear, succinct, fact-based, and impactful presentations to top management
- Ensuring alignment with the Life Science Execution Team (LSET) and business partner
Who you are:
We are looking for individuals who exhibit ability to exercise independent judgement, natural curiosity, creativity, enthusiasm and flexibility.
- BA/BS degree in life science or a quantitative field required; comfort with scientific and technical language a plus
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in consulting, competitive intelligence, market research, or related fields
- Financial literacy a must – ability to understand P&L, analyze 10Q/10K, etc.
- Expertise in quantitative and qualitative research and analyses
- Strong problem-solving skills, comfort with a fast-paced environment and managing uncertainty
- Experience in stakeholder engagement in a matrix (including senior leaders)
- Strong communication skills: Fluency with spoken and written English; advanced proficiency in MS office
- Experience using new analytics tools a plus (e.g., R, python, Tableau)
- Highly collaborative and team-oriented
- Up to 10-20% travel, including international
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.