Who we are:
MilliporeSigma is the North American life science brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany – a leading science and technology company. It offers a broad range of innovative products and services to biotech and pharmaceutical drug therapies businesses. Through dedicated collaboration with the scientific and engineering communities, and as one of the top three R&D investors in the life science tools industry, the brand serves as a strategic partner to customers and helps advance the promise of life science.
We are seeking a Device Development Engineer to design, develop, and test novel single-use filtration technologies suitable for the manufacture of therapeutic biopharmaceuticals and vaccines.
MilliporeSigma requires a skilled engineer who will contribute to technology and product development projects to deliver advanced clarification, filtration, and solid/liquid separation technologies intended for downstream bioprocessing applications. This individual will apply solid scientific and engineering principles to (1) design and test prototype depth filtration devices in a collaborative environment, (2) leverage personal and institutional knowledge to achieve project goals and timelines, and (3) develop materials, devices, and methods that achieve cost and performance objectives. This individual is also expected to contribute to the product and manufacturing process validation of these products for use in a diverse range of applications within the biotechnology industry.
Who you are:
- B.S. in mechanical, chemical, biochemical engineering, or equivalent with more than 3 years of industrial experience in a related field, or a M.S. with 0-5 years of industrial experience in a related field.
- Must be able to work collaboratively within a team including manufacturing, quality, and procurement functions through development and validation phases to support a successful product launch.
- The individual must have a proven track record as a hands-on problem solver with a high level of mechanical aptitude.
- Must have strong fundamental understanding of mechanical engineering principles and material properties.
- Must be proficient in 3D CAD software (Creo, Solidworks, etc.)
- Experience designing injection molded parts, manufacturing equipment, and test fixtures highly desirable.
- Seeks out feedback and responds appropriately to input from other R&D groups, sales, marketing, and customers.
- Develop and clearly communicate innovative product designs, applications, technologies, or concepts to management. Consistently meet individual goals while operating within MilliporeSigma's value system.
What we offer:
Your possibilities to develop in our growing company are just as manifold as our product portfolio. We offer a modern and international working environment to unleash your innovative potential in diverse teams, and take responsibility for our employees, products, the environment, and society.
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.