A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: Within the Biodevelopment Process Development group, will execute projects including developing purification processes and analytical methods for a variety of therapeutic candidate proteins including monoclonal antibodies and Fc fusion proteins. The scope of work includes protein purification, biochemical and biophysical characterization, as well as to develop, validate and transfer robust analytical methods required for successful drug development and manufacturing. Compile and analyze experimental data to generate process knowledge and decide on next experimental steps. Write development and validation reports and ensure their timely delivery. Prepare and present project updates to global project team and to upper management. Execute client projects according to budget and timelines given to the project team.
- Responsible for activities ranging from protein purification, filtration, biochemical and biophysical characterization of proteins.
- Execute routine protein purification with affinity, size exclusion, ion exchange, and hydrophobic interaction chromatography using AKTA systems (Unicorn software).
- Consolidated background in protein chemistry and protein analysis by chromatographic, electrophoretic and spectroscopic techniques.
- Develop, validate and transfer robust process development and analytical methods required for successful drug development and manufacturing.
- Develop novel multistep purification processes to ensure viral clearance, endotoxin, host cell protein and DNA removal and apply standard methods to purify proteins from the mg to gram scale.
- Perform, develop and optimize robust, efficient, scalable strategies to improve process performance. Activities will include small-scale and pilot scale purification studies.
- Apply DOE methods to purification activities.
Who You Are:
- B.S / M.S. in biotechnology with 2 – 5 years in the biopharmaceutical industry
- Solid theoretical basis and hands-on experience in protein purification and analytical characterization.
- Hands-on experience with purification unit operations including filtration, chromatography, TFF, UF/DF, AKTA, UNICORN and HPLC systems. Strong hands-on experience in troubleshooting and routine instrument maintenance.
- Knowledge and skills in biochemical characterization of proteins including analytical and biophysical techniques. Experience with protein formulation strategies is desirable.
- Experienced in protein purification via affinity, hydrophobic interaction (HIC), ion exchange (IEX), size exclusion (SEC) and mixed-mode chromatography
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Results-oriented with ability to work and deliver under pressure
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.