A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Job location: Sigma-Aldrich, Inc., 9630 Medical Center Drive, Rockville, Maryland 20850
Send resumes to: Sigma-Aldrich, Inc., 400 Summit Drive, Burlington, MA 01803 (Req# 183000)
The Report Writers will be responsible for the following duties:
- Review lab data/ workbooks and accurately represent the data in the final report;
- Identify and/or resolve issues with study raw data/ information appropriately with relevant staff;
- Monitor department's performance in the reporting process including tracking deadlines On Time Delivery (OTD) and Document Error Rate (DER) metrics;
- Coordinate inter-departmental workflow, so as to meet final mail dates of report issuance;
- Obtain required signatures and transfer study reports to the appropriate personnel;
- Communicate daily with other departments to resolve outstanding issues;
- Generate, control and track revisions to study documentation including statements of work, protocols, protocol and report amendments, lab records, protocol and report templates as appropriate;
- Track status of laboratory testing and update Excel study tracking files;
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems that may arise related to the report writing and delivery process;
- Determine the appropriate way to handle unusual situations or situations where studies involved deviations or investigations; and
- Assist with report writer projects and initiatives and provide input during team meetings/ discussions.
This position is eligible for the Sigma-Aldrich, Inc. Employee Referral Program.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Employer requires Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Biotechnology, or a closely related field and at least two (2) years of work experience in a Pharmaceutical industry.
In addition, the successful candidate must have:
- Demonstrated ability with technical scientific writing experience related to scientific reports;
- Demonstrated ability analyzing data found in scientific reports including toxicology reports;
- Demonstrated knowledge of FDA and GLP regulations related to toxicology assays; and
- Demonstrated ability interpreting scientific data from laboratories to translate information to clients.
All years of experience may be gained concurrently.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.