A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Job Title: Key Account Manager – Applied Solutions
The person’s primary role will be to develop Strategically Important Accounts/Segments and meet revenue Target & develop future business. He/She will also be required to grow and retain existing business by presenting new solutions and services to clients. He/She must develop a rapport with new/existing clients, provide support that will continually improve the relationship. The job requires working with mid and senior level management, marketing, and technical staff of client organization. He/she has to collaborate with Merck Life Science group’s Technical Sales & Marketing teams for developing business for the company. Strategic planning is a key part of this job description and develop the pipeline of new business coming in to the company. This requires a thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions/services, Merck Life Science can provide, and of Merck’s competitors.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships. Develop short/long time contracts.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
- Identify New Accounts and generate opportunities.
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Plan, design and implementation of sales / marketing campaigns and process improvement initiatives in the Segment
- Regular visits along with technical sales/Marketing to existing contacts and new contacts.
- Continuously look out for both market and product diversification opportunities to expand business.
- Ensuring regular update and maintenance of customer database by each region.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within Merck’s CRM or other sales management system.
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are surpassed consistently
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Work with marketing to ensure that prerequisites (like prequalification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner.
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company’s people and capabilities.
- Understand the company’s goal and purpose so that will continual to enhance the company’s performance.
Qualification, Experience & Skills:
- Masters in Chemistry/Life Science with 6-10 years of experience in Handling Similar Account is essential or in the similar field
- Knowledge of Sales/Marketing processes, procedures, and technology
- Project management, Analysis, evaluation, coaching skills set required to meet the Department objectives.
- Ability to read and interpret accounting and financial reports
- Ability to influence and impact both inside and outside of direct reporting lines.
- Empathy and sense of urgency. Good communication skills, Honest and Integrity
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at