A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
If you are looking to develop your career within a company committed to improving lives through breakthroughs in Science and Innovation, then this could be the role for you. We are looking for a Health Economist with great potential to join our UK HEOR team. The work will be exciting, and our pipeline is robust. There will plenty of opportunities for the person in this role to challenge themselves with different and hugely important projects.
The Health Economist will be an autonomous and integral member of the UK Market Access Department’s extended team, helping build robust economic value propositions for our companies medicines, leading and contributing to the inception and development of Health Technology Assessment activities for a robust pipeline, as well as helping to support the development of economic tools to support inline products.
Key accountabilities include:
- Concurrent HTA submissions (UK & ROI) for pipeline products through from the initial interactions with HTA bodies to final defence of submission dossiers
- Key contribution to economic model development for UK HTA submissions, ensuring that deliverables are consistent with global medical and commercial strategy and delivered to high standards of UK HTA requirements
- Coordination and project management of the writing and delivery of high-quality HTA dossiers from vendors
- Partnership to identify local evidence gaps and (working with real world evidence expert) incept, manage and deliver associated research to fill these
- Identify and provide real world evidence solutions to strengthen HTA submissions and post launch value messaging by ensuring the evidence planning and development and appropriate scientific methods are selected
- Supporting the development of economic tools for marketed products
- Contribute to the development, preparation and presentation of abstracts, posters and manuscripts to support the company's scientific footprint.
The Health Economist will need to build strong working relationships both within the UK with key stakeholders (Oncology and Neurology Business Unit Directors, UK Head of Pricing, UK RWE expert, UK medical colleagues) and with Global and European teams to develop Health Economic models, associated deliverables and value arguments to meet UK HTA requirements.
- Degree qualified in a relevant field of study.
- Experience of working as a Health Economist or HTA Specialist.
- Experience of working either within a HEOR Agency or within a Pharma or Biotech company.
- Experience in completing HTA submissions in the UK and Ireland would be advantageous.
- Real World Evidence or Real World Data experience in the UK
We are a company committed to developing talent at all levels. The career prospects within this role can lead to a variety of paths in the future depending on an individuals aspirations.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at